This takes the Aussie economy into 2014, its 23rd consecutive calendar year without a recession.
An outstanding effort.
"Job ads up
• House prices up
• Home building approvals up near record highs
• Retail spending strong
• Company profits growth up over 10 per cent
• Government tax revenue stronger than expected
• Business conditions lifting
• ASX near 6 year high
• Exports booming
• Interest rates at record low
• Government demand no longer restrictive
• Aussie dollar low
• Non-residential construction up
• Inflation lifting to upper part of RBA target band"
Kouk had another rundown this morning here after the GDP result.
Lots to be positive about, especially after the AIG services data this morning. Services makes up a huge chunko of the Aussie economy after all.
And indeed share markets did break a 6 year high by the close today.
Tomorrow we'll take a look at what news the RBA brings with its latest Chart Pack.
There's life in the old dog yet.